Lenses for Travel: switch from Batis combo to GM24-70?

Started Jun 23, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nexographer Regular Member • Posts: 218
Lenses for Travel: switch from Batis combo to GM24-70?

I know there are many threads about travel lens recommendations and the Batis and GM lenses.

I would like to ask for your experiences if you have made a Switch from primes like the Batis lenses to a single-lens / single camera solution including the 24-70 GM lens.

I have gone from using the 24-70 f/4 to the Batis 25/85 Combo, mostly having the 25 attached to my A7ii and the 85 to my NEX-7. I'm now at the point of thinking wether I should get another ff camera (most likely "old" A7) since the equivalent 130mm the Nex-7 gives with the B85 is mostly too narrow, and switching lenses between the 2 camera "on the go" is annoying and a disaster waiting to happen....

I now think that maybe selling both the 24-70/4 and the Batis 25 in favor of the new 24-70GM lens might be the better Option. Optically I don't expect differences on a 24MP Body, but since I only handled the GM briefly in a store, I'm a bit hesitant in regards to size/weight.

Has anybody made a Switch like that, and are you happy with that or do you regret it?

Nexographer's gear list:Nexographer's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony a7 II Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +1 more
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow