Raw File Converter EX2.0 and .raf from Fujifilm XT20

Started 5 days ago | Questions thread
bs1946
bs1946 Senior Member • Posts: 4,629
Re: Raw File Converter EX2.0 and .raf from Fujifilm XT20

I have not upgraded my SilkyPix DS 7 Pro to DS 8 Pro because I don't use it that often. I actually shoot RAW and use the in-camera RAW converter to create the ooc jpegs I want from about 98% of the RAFs before I download anything.  So all I use SilkyPix for is to apply the film simulations to an older Fuji RAW file I might be working on, or on a RAW file from Olympus, Panasonic, or Nikon, and for cropping. SilkyPix has an excellent cropping tool. But now, I also have OnOne Photo RAW 2017 and I have been using it for almost everything, along with the Nik collection, that I do not do in-camera or want to enhance. You can find a lot of reviews for OnOne Photo RAW 2017 on YouTube and a lot of professionals seem to finally be dumping Lightroom, especially with Fuji RAFs,  for it or Capture One. You can download a trial of OnOne also.

This is the main entrance to the Souk in Casablanca, Morocco. I took this shot in the middle of the day in bright sunlight because that's when we were there. I focused and metered just below the two windows over the far archway. The result was that the shopping area was too bright and you couldn't see any detail on either side of the arches in the front. I took the RAF into Photo RAW 2017, lowered the exposure compensation to bring out the detail in the middle shopping area, then I used the local adjustment brush to quickly cover the people on the left, and everything under the front arches except the street, and raised the exposure compensation on that part to bring out the detail from the shadows; all in less than five minutes . Then I exported a jpeg to Nik Color Efex and played around until I found a preset that created the detailed barely colored look. I don't use SilkyPix enough to begin to know how I could get the same results.

-- hide signature --

Bill S.
www.flickr.com/photos/153698679@N03
billschaffel.500px.com
instagram.com@billschaffel
When all else fails, maybe it's time to read the manual.

bs1946's gear list:bs1946's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Rokinon 21mm F1.4 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow