NX300 vs NX500 just stills IQ

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
Ben Herrmann
Ben Herrmann Forum Pro • Posts: 18,186
Both the NX300 and NX30 are superb instruments

I have to say that with all of the hoopla regarding other brand releases, many of us wind up getting involved on the other forums and using the "other" cameras.  I certainly do.

But whenever I reach for either the NX300 or NX30, the IQ of both cameras are stunning and they will be relevant for quite some time.  Granted, I often state that all of the brands product cameras that can produce some excellent imagery.  The likes of the NX300 and NX500 have such wonderful ergonomics that the camera just rests in your hands - and perhaps are some of the most comfortable cameras to hold on the market.

As for color tonality, I know that when I use the NX300, NX500, and NX30, I revel in the rich colors - in particular for scenics.

So if you can find a good NX300 (or NX30), don't hesitate to pull the trigger.  You only get one shot anymore for most of these cameras and yes, new ones still go for a pretty penny - which shows you the cult value being placed on them.

And in closing, although I'm heavily involved in Micro Four Thirds, the Fuji X system, and to a lesser extent, the Canon EOS M system - it is the now defunct Samsung NX system that still provides IQ levels that stand out of the crowd and I believe will continue to do so for quite a long time to come.

-- hide signature --

Sincerely,
Bernd ("Ben") Herrmann
Fuquay Varina, North Carolina USA

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Canon PowerShot G12 Olympus XZ-1 Fujifilm X10 +42 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow