Bike race

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
nafik Contributing Member • Posts: 701
Re: Bike race

ScooterShooter wrote:

wasserball wrote:

ScooterShooter wrote:

Martinka wrote:

Lower with less distracting background, shallower depth of field... basically everything is wrong

This is a bit harsh. I like the colors and clarity of the images. Perhaps positioning yourself somewhere that had a less distracting background would provide some better contrast.

We're not in high school anymore. Everybody does not win. Take the critiques as much as you want or none at all.

You're right, we should work collectively to snuff out the desire of anyone just starting in the field.

There are ways to be constructive with criticism and ways to not be. I simply felt the "everything is wrong" comment was not constructive and could have been dispensed with. All the other comments given to date are fair game. Obviously you disagree. Let's leave it at that. As one who has benefited tremendously from the input I've read from this and other photography forums, I have a sense of gratitude that I'd like to pass along to others when possible.

it is one thing to point some small deficiencies in the otherwise great image, but it is absolutely different to comment on someone's images who did not even bother learning simple basics of this craft.

I wish there were more wasserballs and martinkas on these forums who honestly tell people how it really is.

-- hide signature --

M.
Nice camera...now show me the pictures.

nafik's gear list:nafik's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot G7 X Sony RX10 III Nikon D7200 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
osv
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow