24/1.8G or 85/1.8G?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
cosmicnode Senior Member • Posts: 2,465
Re: 24/1.8G or 85/1.8G?

Paddler213 wrote:

So, I read a couple of reviews on the 50/1.8 primes last night, and it looks like the G version may be worth upgrading or adding to my 50/1.8D. B&H, or Nikon, dropped the price recently to $176, so I bit. While there I clicked on the 4% Reward button, and noticed that you don't have to login, that your account would automatically be credited when you make an eligible purchase. Well, I bought the 500/4E back in January, and hadn't been notified of any reward credit. So, I called B&H this morning to inquire why. At first, the rep said it wasn't eligible at the time I purchased it, but I was pretty sure it had been and it still is. He put me on hold for a while, then came back and told me that I had checked out as a guest, not through my account. I was very pleased when he said I would be receiving the 4% credit, or $412(!). Neither my D500 or Sony RX100V wee eligible when I bought them. The credit that got me thinking as I've been considering buying the 85/1.8G to replace my 85/1.8D. Using the credit, doing so will only cost me $56 out of pocket. The other option is the 24/1.8G. That would be my first choice if I shot FF, but 36mm equivalent on DX doesn't excite me. Any thoughts? I also currently have the 35/1.8 DX and the 16-85mm.

Oh, and kudos to B&H for the delayed credit on the 500mm.

My 24mm f1.8 is very sharp, so is my 85mm you have a big decision, I find that I use the 24 more but I have both dx and fx.

-- hide signature --

Mike.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

cosmicnode's gear list:cosmicnode's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow