Spot Metering on Full Manual mode on D750

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bkp122 Junior Member • Posts: 25
Spot Metering on Full Manual mode on D750

Hello fellas

I recently upgraded to D750 after I sold my D7000. So far, loving it to bits.

However, I do have a question regarding using spot metering on D750 in Manual mode.

What is the difference in actual exposure between matrix metering and spot metering on full manual mode on D750?

I may remember this badly, but when I shot with my D7000, spot metering gave me a different exposure to Matrix metering when on full manual mode, depending on where I put the focus point (bright or dark area of the frame).

However, when I did some tests on the D750, I took shots of the same subject using both metering modes, but the difference is, if any, hardly noticeable on the histogram. I can see the difference in exposures in P,S and A modes.

I could see the light meter showing different values, but nothing in the resultant shot showed that it was different.

Unfortunately I don't have my D7000 to compare, anymore.

Am I missing something here? or has it always been like this? Or am I missing a setting that I don't know of?

Just for information, this is the test I did:

1. Full Manual mode; Subject: Bright window from inside the room.

2. Matrix metering - take two shots, one with the focus point in the dark part of the frame, the other in the bright part

3. Same test as in step 2, but with spot metering.

Thank you in advance for your responses!

I apologize for the stupidity!

bkp122's gear list:bkp122's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7000 Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow