Bizarre jpeg corruption

Started 3 days ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Martin_Ba New Member • Posts: 9
Bizarre jpeg corruption

Hi,

Has anyone ever encountered something like this happening to their jpegs? A little background, I've noticed this on files from different cameras, stored on different media, and accessed using two different computers. Computers are (well, insofar as A/V software goes) clean, I never install stuff that I get in e-mail, prompted to install on any occassion, etc. So I would assume the computers are ok. The issue is that the files often show a correct preview and will then "switch" to such a weird mosaic once opened (the preview then changes too). It's not strictly speaking destructive (I can manually recover the photos by moving the pieces), but it would be a PITA, if it were to affect more photos (it is rather rare and seems completely random). The examples are, fortunately, rather bad "been there" photos, but it has also happened to some much nicer and/or personally valuable images and I'd really like to know, if anyone has ever seen/heard about something like this...

ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow