D750 ISO settings

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tree_M New Member • Posts: 2
D750 ISO settings

Hello,

I recently got a D750 and a trying to quickly learn how to best use it for an upcoming trip to Alaska.

I have been trying to figure the best ISO settings and can't find any talk about this issue anywhere so thought to put the question to you experts:

If I am using a D750 on a tripod with a Tamron 150-600 and have the ISO Sensitivity Minimum shutter speed set to Auto, should I reduce the sensitivity of the shutter speed to "slower"?

I admit that I don't completely understand what the "faster" and "slower" settings do for the minimum shutter speed, but in playing with them I see that as I move it to slower, it makes the shutter speed slower and decreases the ISO.  I think this is to compensate for lens movement with a long lens.

But... if I'm using a good tripod and ball head, then I would not want this compensation, right?  And would rather keep my ISO down so as to reduce noise.

I worry I am not doing a good job explaining my question but can't think of a better way to state it.

So..... hopefully some of you are able to get the gist of my question and can give me some feedback on if I should bump the reaction to "slower" when using a tripod.

Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow