Sports Photography: Is the A6500 capable enough?

Started 4 days ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kiywii New Member • Posts: 8
Sports Photography: Is the A6500 capable enough?

Hello all.

I am someone that overthinks purchases a lot. I like to read/watch every review about a product before I even consider buying it. Right now I am at a point where I can either pursue a different camera brand or stay with what I have right now.

I currently shoot Sony with the A6000 because it has been my first and only camera up to this point. I only have one lens which is the 18-105 F4 and so I definitely don't feel too invested in Sony to abandon ship (full disclosure, I am totally fine with going to Nikon or Canon).

I have found a passion for sports photography lately and I would really like to pursue it further but I feel that I need to get a camera that has a more capable buffer. I also know that I need to get a more sports friendly lens (probably a 70-200) which makes it tough because I know other brands have a larger selection of lenses for me to choose from for a better price.

I need some good advice. Is the A6500 going to disappoint? Should I switch over?

My overall budget for a new camera body and lens is around $3500-$4000.

Thanks for your time!

Kiywii's gear list:Kiywii's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 70D Nikon D500 Sony a6000 Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow