First day out with the D7500

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tbolt47 Senior Member • Posts: 1,859
First day out with the D7500

If anyone is interested here a few pictures from my first time with the D7500. I only got it the day before so was learning it as I went along.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124194494@N02/albums/72157682322811053

It's a very nice camera to use, the improvement over the D7100 are nice, focus seemed very good even in low light with the 200-500mm. I haven't tried group AF.

I really dont like the neck strap lugs - with anything other than the smallest lens a camera will point down when around your neck, which wasn't a problem on the Previous 7 series cameras with their style of lugs. Now you end up with the strap bunched up at the back of the lug, I don't know who though they were a good idea and how long the strap will last like that. I might look at tripod mount strap.

I use to have ISO displayed in the viewfinder, I've now switched that to shots left when doing action now there's only one card slot, but I got caught out once and have to learn to pay attention to it (would be nice if it flashed when below a certain level).

The Auo ISO auto SS is nice and on its lowest setting is not to bad with some lenses but with the 200-500 it doesn't go slow enough - The VR is so good on these latest lenses that it would be nice if the SS went a little lower on the lowest setting (on the normal setting it seems to use 1/EF , so 200mm equals 1/200th which makes tbe highest setting something that will probably never be used).

Easy Exposure Compensation nice to be able to adjust very quickly but the problem is that in A you use the foward dial to adjust and in A you use S so that means the EC adjustment is on the other dial depending in which mode you are in which could get confusing so I think I will only use it in S.

The touch screen is nice and very responsive. When editing images it seem like there is less noise in the shadows compared to the D7100 even at ISO 100, but I haven't done any comparsion tests.

Tbolt47's gear list:Tbolt47's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus E-620 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon D7500 +12 more
Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Nikon D7100 Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow