Polarized sunglasses :(

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Flat view
michaeladawson Forum Pro • Posts: 11,350
Polarized sunglasses :(

I'd read this in the past but just experienced the downside of polarized sunglasses with non-OLED displays.

I have an X-Pro2 and got new prescription glasses that come with polarized magnetic clip-on shades.  Blackout on the rear LCD and the EVF.  Doh!

But "Ahhh" you say... just use the hybrid OVF with the X-Pro.  That's what I thought too.  But unfortunately the overlay, which includes the all important framing lines is also non-OLED.

Not sure what to do now.  You can (inconveniently) work around it by tilting your head a bit when looking through the viewfinder.  Not sure what to do now.  I have a 2 week vacation in 2 months where I'll be outdoors everyday, undoubtedly with sunglasses.

I can 1) just live with it.  2) buy a Fuji X-T20 (which has pros and cons)  3) buy an X-T2 (don't really want to go that route)  4) look into a Sony (don't really want to do that at this time) or 5) bring my Nikon D810 (fantastic IQ, would like to avoid the size).

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

michaeladawson's gear list:michaeladawson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon D200 Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon D800E +23 more
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow