Polarized sunglasses :(

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
michaeladawson Forum Pro • Posts: 11,037
Polarized sunglasses :(

I'd read this in the past but just experienced the downside of polarized sunglasses with non-OLED displays.

I have an X-Pro2 and got new prescription glasses that come with polarized magnetic clip-on shades.  Blackout on the rear LCD and the EVF.  Doh!

But "Ahhh" you say... just use the hybrid OVF with the X-Pro.  That's what I thought too.  But unfortunately the overlay, which includes the all important framing lines is also non-OLED.

Not sure what to do now.  You can (inconveniently) work around it by tilting your head a bit when looking through the viewfinder.  Not sure what to do now.  I have a 2 week vacation in 2 months where I'll be outdoors everyday, undoubtedly with sunglasses.

I can 1) just live with it.  2) buy a Fuji X-T20 (which has pros and cons)  3) buy an X-T2 (don't really want to go that route)  4) look into a Sony (don't really want to do that at this time) or 5) bring my Nikon D810 (fantastic IQ, would like to avoid the size).

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

michaeladawson's gear list:michaeladawson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon D200 Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon D800E +23 more
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
LH
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow