Options for a6000 for AEB bracketing 5 frame 2 and 3EV?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
thomash2 Forum Member • Posts: 91
Options for a6000 for AEB bracketing 5 frame 2 and 3EV?

Hi, I need AEB bracketing 5 frame 2 and 3 EV, hands free, in a Sony e-mount body, and I'm looking at the a6000, but it's max bracket range is 3 frame 3 EV.  5 frame is limited to 0.7 EV.   Only starting from the a6300 is it possible to get 5 frame 3EV.  I don't need the EVF, autofocus, or extra features.  I only need the body for a fully manual lens, so I prefer the a6000 as it is half the price as the a6300.

It seems silly that the a6000 AEB is restricted by firmware.

Is there any solution to increase the bracketing range of the a6000 while hands free?

I know there are 2 Android apps that support custom bracketing, RCCDroidPro and qDSLRdashboard.  However, RCCDroidPro has no live view with the a6000.  qDSLRdashboard uses the PlayMemories App through WiFi, which is more portable, but then both the phone and camera will use power more quickly, and there would be possibilities of dropped connections. Both Apps require saving the files to the phone instead of in the camera, because of the way the firmware works.  I'm shooting bursts of 12 to 24 RAW files within periods of 30 to 60 seconds seconds, so I wonder if there will be a buffer delay for transmitting either through the USB 2.0 cable or the WiFi, before being able to start the next burst of shots.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000 Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow