which lenses/cameras are now being allowed to sporting events

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
darrinlingle
darrinlingle Contributing Member • Posts: 668
which lenses/cameras are now being allowed to sporting events

in the early 2000's I never had a problem bringing digital cameras (like nikon d200 and Nikkor 80-400vr) with any lens to sporting events (indoors or outdoors). it seems like now they're cracking down on "pro" cameras. it was always in their rules and FAQ to not be able to sell any photos without permission. I never had any intention of doing so. Has this been a big problem? i haven't seen anything in the news about people trying or selling sports photos from the stands for money.

i'm now seeing the wording where video is prohibited (except GoPro?) and professional cameras (defined as any camera with an interchangeable lens) are prohibited.

A couple years ago, I was turned away at the Pepsi Center (Denver, CO) when trying to bring a Nikon D800 and 200-500mm lens in. I had brought similar cameras in for 10 years before that with no problem.

Anyways, what micro 4/3 cameras and/or lens/camera combinations are being allowed in nowadays? i would think they would allow a range-finder type Pen camera with a mid-zoom like a Oly 12-100 f/4 in since it doesn't look too pro.

-- hide signature --

Darrin Lingle, Colorado

darrinlingle's gear list:darrinlingle's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +6 more
Nikon D200 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow