ICP, Trump and the problem of democracy in the current age.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fad
fad Forum Pro • Posts: 15,472
ICP, Trump and the problem of democracy in the current age.

I had a very inspiring meeting with the head of the education department at ICP.

In their online and in house classes the face issues parallel to this forum.   Most people are not interested in interesting and challenging courses.  The more interesting the course, the harder it is to find people willing to sign up for them.  A course on beginning portraiture, or street photography, or how to make a photo book sells out instantly.   This is frustrating.

I suggested that consider a more upscale track that charges more money and might, hopefully attract more artistically serious people.  How many of the people posting here would pay even $100 a year?  
A really serious online group, I think, with education, leadership and up to date technology, would cost about $1500 a year.   For me, and others, that would be worth it.   If one takes photography seriously, one has to take it seriously.
Serious people pay thousands of dollars for photography boot camps.   Those are the kinds of people who can benefit each other.

-- hide signature --

Frank
http://sidewalkshadows.com/blog/
Photos look better in Original Size
Shot in downtown Manhattan, mostly

fad's gear list:fad's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon D4S Nikon D810 Nikon D750 +17 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow