Will Nikon or Canon offer full frame mirrorless cameras soon?

Started Aug 5, 2016 | Discussions thread
Philnw2 Senior Member • Posts: 2,915
Re: Will Nikon or Canon offer full frame mirrorless cameras soon?

Doug J wrote:

Armstronghogan wrote:

I have gone through the web and found Nikon have one larger sensor camera to come.

https://nikonrumors.com/2016/09/22/nikon-1-is-still-alive-larger-sensor-mirrorless-solution-is-being-considered.aspx/

http://www.cameracomparisonreview.com/2016/09/23/nikon-will-announce-full-frame-mirrorless-camera/

The first link is to a rumor. The second link is a report based on a rumor. Nikon hasn't announced anything yet.

Cheers,
Doug

Thanks for your comments.

There's been rumors since 2012 that Nikon was going to produce a mirrorless camera, and the most we got out of them was the 1" sensor Nikon 1.  Which looks to be facing a demise.

It would be fascinating to know what the reason is for Nikon's slow response to mirrorless.  Photography is a profitable business for Nikon, its apparently the lithography work thats a problem for them.

Perhaps its difficult to get the FF sensors needed to go into FF mirrorless, but i wouldn't know.  It seems like to me from the Sony technical responses and the CIPA statistics that mirrorless is getting more competitive every year and taking out a bigger chunk of the enthusiast and pro marketplace.  36% of the ILC is a big chunk for mirrorless to remove from what used to be DSLR territory.  Nikon has made last minute comebacks before, hopefully they will again.

-- hide signature --

Phil B

Philnw2's gear list:Philnw2's gear list
Sony a7R II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony FE 28mm F2 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow