Hand held M3 with tele lens?

Started Jun 15, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BobT Forum Pro • Posts: 13,205
Hand held M3 with tele lens?

I'm a current M(1) and T2i user, and have been contemplating going with either a M3 or SL1 as my one and only ILC.  I have plans of going to Yellowstone next June, and plan to rent a tele lens(100-400mm, 70-300mm --both L lenses, or the Tamron 150-600mm).  So just how practical would such a lens be if attached to a M3?  I would use a tripod when I could, but need to ask this question for when setting up a tripod would not be practical.

OR would the SL1 be much more able to handle those quick pick-up-and-shoot grab shots?

KIndly restrict your references to only the gear (cameras and lenses) mentioned here.

Thanks

BobT's gear list:BobT's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +1 more
Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS M3 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 (EOS 100D)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Ali
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow