To sell the second body (and lens)..?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
noggin2k1
OP noggin2k1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,142
Re: Absolutely sell...

maiaibing wrote:

noggin2k1 wrote:

Whilst money isn't the absolute driving factor, I'm always looking for value in my kit (both buying and selling).

I don't think anyone will be able to answer the question for me, but may be able to share similar experiences..

Best decision I ever took was to start trading lenses and always getting rid of whatever gear I was not using actively.

Financially sound it also allows me to use a lot of great photo gear for a few years and then move on to something else for inspiration.

I personally have found that my "active" limit is around 4 lenses. If I have more than this at least one will get too little use. Rule of thumb: if I have not used a lens for a year - out it goes.

If you are not a pro - why have 2 bodies? It takes one day and ~1.000$ to buy a brand new 6D if you are desperate one day. And you can rent a second body for much less.

I only have two bodies because I travel a lot and cannot schlep all my gear around every time I move to a new place.

Good luck!

Some very valid points.

The one thing to mention is I'm across the pond in the UK. To get a new body to me the same or next day, I'll be looking at outlaying roughly double the price that I could sell it for - which is where the headache comes in..

noggin2k1's gear list:noggin2k1's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Sony Alpha a7 II Sony a9 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow