To sell the second body (and lens)..?

Started Jun 14, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
noggin2k1
noggin2k1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,907
To sell the second body (and lens)..?

Just wanted to get a take on everyone's thoughts about what they'd do.

Current kit list can be seen in my profile below. I'm a 50/50 split between being a leisure shooter, and doing a little moonlighting photographing for estate agents and car dealerships (but this money is nothing more than lens/beer tokens - certainly no full-time ambitions here). Me & my wife do a fair bit of travelling, which is mainly where the other 50% comes into it. The opportunity of second shooting weddings may be on the horizon, but again - no long term career aspirations here.

The next purchase for me is the 24-70 2.8 II, which will pretty much make the 24-105 redundant. Since the 5DIV arrived a few months ago, the 6D has also not been touched (6k shots, so it's barely been used).

I could trade both the 6D & 24-105 in right now, and give or take £50, cover the cost of the 24-70, but that leaves 2 questions;

1. Whilst I'm worried the value of the 6D will plummet on release of the 6D II, am I shooting myself in the foot with potential future needs of a backup body?
  2. At the £350 value of the 24-105, is it not just worth keeping it in the drawer for a bit of low cost stabilised versatility?

Whilst money isn't the absolute driving factor, I'm always looking for value in my kit (both buying and selling).

I don't think anyone will be able to answer the question for me, but may be able to share similar experiences..

Thanks!

noggin2k1's gear list:noggin2k1's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony a9 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 35mm F1.4 +6 more
Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS II USM Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow