Help with D500, Snapbridge, and Galaxy S6 Edge Plus

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
AndreasV Junior Member • Posts: 33
Re: Help with D500, Snapbridge, and Galaxy S6 Edge Plus

n057 wrote:

mikeysweet wrote:

Thanks Pireje, but still no luck. It's insane that even after the Snapbridge update last week, which explicitly said it improved the D500 connection, that I still can't get it to pair to my phone. I can only imagine the influx of complaints they are getting after the successful sales they've been running and folks finding they can't connect their smartphones to the camera.

Snapbridge kind of works with my Motorola Moto G3 with Android 6, the Bluetooth part is OK but the Wi-Fi part does not work.

Unfortunately, quite a few have reported in numerous threads on DPReview that Snapbridge fails with Android 7. I suggest you report directly to the developer, there is an address at the bottom of the Snapbridge entry on Google Play.

JC
Some cameras, some lenses, some computers

If you write to the developer, you'll get an automatic reply that says "Contact your local Nikon Support..."

But for the D3400 and the D5600 Nikon released Firmware upgrades 2 weeks ago, version 1.12 for the D3400 and 1.02 for the D5600 that should make Snapbridge work with Android 7 and those cameras.

Best regards,

Andreas

AndreasV's gear list:AndreasV's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha a99 Nikon D7100 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow