XT-2 kit for Landscapes

Started Jun 9, 2017 | Discussions thread
RainbowMerlin New Member • Posts: 3
Re: XT-2 kit for Landscapes

turbsy wrote:

Take a serious look at the Samyang 12mm f2 for the wide end if your going to use it for hiking. it is small, light and sharp wide open.

I agree - particularly if you can't afford the 16mm f1.4 yet (a great lens, but very expensive, and heavy). The Samyang is half the weight (and a third the cost) of the 16mm, and provides great images. It is probably THE best astrophotography lens out there for the Fuji (better than the 16mm in this respect, as the latter has coma issues, which matter for this application). It is a manual lens, so you'd have to focus manually, but not really an issue for landscape work (particularly not for a 12mm lens).

If you can afford it though, the 16mm f1.4 is (from what I've heard - I don't own it - yet!) the best of all Fujinon lenses for sheer quality. I would be inclined in your situation, if you can afford it (sounds like you can) to get this lens, and the 18-55mm f2.8-4.0 (cheap, light, and very good quality, particularly stopped down a bit as it probably would be for landscape work). Perhaps add the 55-200mm if you find you use this focal length for landscape work. Those three lenses would be an excellent combination.

RainbowMerlin's gear list:RainbowMerlin's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow