Just purchased my very first DSLR!!!! Yeah!!!!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MikeInOr
MikeInOr Contributing Member • Posts: 879
Just purchased my very first DSLR!!!! Yeah!!!!

In 1985 my sister and I went in together and bought my father an Olympus for his birthday to replace his aging Kodak Retina. He loved it but politely asked if we would mind if he exchanged it for a camera that had just came out. We weren't offended... and I still have that crossed X Maxxum 7000 with the original 50mm and Beercan. That is the camera that I learned photography on and that started my life long love of Minolta cameras. I have taken more photos with that 7000 than any other camera I have ever owned even with the itchy trigger finger afforded by digital!

I now have many Maxxum bodies, an arsenal of A mount lenses and a couple SLT's... all of which I love. I finally just acquired a camera that I have always wanted... a Maxxum 7D. What an absolute beauty!!!! It is practically a twin of my Maxxum 7 body... my favorite film body ever!

The seller guaranteed that the 7D does not yet suffer the first frame black problem... I am anxiously waiting for the battery to charge to take my first picture with the 7D! My fingers are crossed just like the X's on my 7000!

I love Minolta Maxxum cameras and with the current give away prices I have collected pretty much every Maxxum 7 series and above body with the exception of an 8000i, 9xi and until now the Maxxum 7D. Those darned MF Minoltas have been creeping there way into my collection too. My favorite being the SRT-102 for a personal defence weapon and the X-700 for taking pictures. An XD11 is on the short list for acquisition when one comes along in good condition at the right price.

MikeInOr's gear list:MikeInOr's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Sony SLT-A33 Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Sony 20mm F2.8 +6 more
Canon EOS 7D Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D (Dynax 7D / Alpha-7 Digital)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow