What do YOU want Ricoh/Pentax to do for YOU?

Started Jun 2, 2017 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Batdude
Batdude Senior Member • Posts: 2,927
What do YOU want Ricoh/Pentax to do for YOU?

Hi guys, If you recall not too long ago I posted a thread talking about the lack of new quiet modern lenses for FF, mainly prime lenses.

I am seriously considering a FF Ricoh pentax in the very near future mainly because I feel they give you so much for your money, but again, they just don't have any nice (quiet) affordable modern prime lenses like nikon does, for example, my 28 1.8 and 50 1.8 G. Third party lenses are just not all there either.

Having said that, what is it that YOU want Ricoh to change for better?  I mean, their cameras are not perfect either, so what would you existing pentax shooters want them to update and improve?

Me, I can think of many things, first lenses lenses lenses.

Second, the K1 felt very awkward on my hands, too narrow and kind of cramped up.  It was just not very comfortable to me.

Third, the weight.  We are living in modern times where light weight is very important.  I feel that just because a camera is light it doesn't have to mean it has bad weather sealing. Weight to me is very very important due to my injured back.  At the moment I have to suck it up with my existing gear as well, but it ain't pretty.

Forth, more spread AF points.  This is simply a MUST for me.  Can't shoot with AF points cramped up on the center only.  At least for my application.

Fifth, I really like the round eye cup VF on my D4.  I would like to continue shooting with that.  I don't like the square eye cup on the K1.

Sixth, speed.  I just don't see this company move their bootie fast enough when it comes to providing the new product/lenses for the consumer.  I think fuji has done a much much better job at this.

I'm sure there are other things to improve specially since I'm not familiar with the K1 but for now this is all I can think of based on the few times I have messed around with the K1 at the store.

What do YOU want Ricoh to do for you?

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +6 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D4 Pentax K-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow