Sony Alpha A5100 successor? A5200? A5300? A5500?

Started May 31, 2017 | Discussions thread
caterpillar Veteran Member • Posts: 7,636
A great mystery to me

MrMaster wrote:

I'm actually waiting for a Sony A6XXX camera but with a fully articulated LCD. I can't seem to part from it on, my A5000 (especially during my vacation trip with the wifey, the selfie-functonality comes in handy), but then I'm missing all of the dials, EVF etc...from the A6XXX series.

Why doesn't Sony make it to be articulating to the side instead of the top. This way, the EVF would still be possible.

Rgrds,

This is one of the mysteries with Sony. The advantages of a fully articulating screen like with Panasonic or Canon is obvious. Why they persist with their methods mystifies me. Even worse, they sometimes regress even with their own  screens. For example, 3 years ago, I bought a nex-5t, it's screen could do a selfie flip and it can dip down. When the a5100 came out, the screen lost the ability to tilt down. Now you can lift your camera overhead and see what it is seeing!

Another thing is that the nex-5t's touch screen operates not just in focusing but also in the menus. The only bad thing about the  nex-5t is they didn't use a capacitive touch screen, so response was clunky. So, this has already shown they can do a touch screen and if they only put in the good parts, it should work like any cell phones. They do make cell phones so, this thing should really not be a mystery!

I don't think they'll put in more function buttons and keys in the future a5100.  They would leave that to the more advanced models.

Sometimes, I wonder if they are doing a Canon - meaning they purposely not put in the most commonsensical improvements that is not really protected by patents or a limit in technology.

-- hide signature --

- Caterpillar
'Always in the process of changing, growing, and transforming.'

caterpillar's gear list:caterpillar's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 +24 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow