Olympus PEN-F lock-up / freeze / unresponsive after updating the firmware to version 2.0

Started May 22, 2017 | Discussions thread
Bill1000Evening
Bill1000Evening Regular Member • Posts: 273
Re: Olympus PEN-F lock-up / freeze / unresponsive after updating the firmware to version 2.0

Marco Zima wrote:

inlight wrote:

Alan Thompson on mu-43.com forum is reporting that his PEN-F returned from Olympus repair with the same issue.

Quote from the forum:

Alan Thompson said: ↑

Yes there is a problem with firmware 2. My Pen f was sent to Portugal to the factory for exactly this problem. It came back and still has the same problem. I spoke to Olympus yesterday who now agree there is a problem with firmware 2. A temporary solution they gave me over the phone is as follows. Go to shooting menu 1 and reset with a full reset not a basic one. Then go to cogs menu k and make sure quick sleep mode is turned off. This seems to have cleared the problem. I assume they will eventually bring out an update to the firmware.

I have done some shooting in the past days and this seems to have solved the issue... has someone else tried it?

-- hide signature --

Yes...on two Pen f's...seems to work.

Bill1000Evening's gear list:Bill1000Evening's gear list
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Olympus 14-150 F4-5.6 II Nikon D800 Nikon Df Sony Alpha a7R II +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
cw
cw
jib
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow