Finally got the 85mm. Holy. Cow.

Started May 26, 2017 | Discussions thread
VisualFX Senior Member • Posts: 1,187
Re: Finally got the 85mm. Holy. Cow.

markyboy81 wrote:

VisualFX wrote:

http://gizmodo.com/the-best-camera-for-every-parent-1672235946

Here is an article from a couple years ago, about recommendations for cameras for "fast moving kids". Most recommended are cameras like LX100, RX100, G9X. He states too, that a DSLR can provide the best AF for kids, but can be overkill.

But to each their own. In my local camera shop, I've heard a couple "mom's" ask the employee for camera for fast moving kids. They come back with one of these pocket cameras, but in the end the "mom" ends up with a DSLR for whatever reason. Oh well, if you got the money and want to overspend, then do it. Just don't complain afterwards that you are broke.

Who's complaining they're broke?!

I guess if you don't know much about photography a point of shoot may be better but if you have some idea what you're doing an ILC will offer a lot of advantages. A lot of photography of kids is portraiture where it's nice to have the subject isolated from the background, and this isn't really possible with most point and shoots.

I seem to be one of the few posting professional images on this forum. I dont see you or any others posting anything else. So what are people supposed to suspect then? I have photos in my gallery of shoots, yet others don't. Yeah an ILC offers advantages, so does an iphone or any cell phone. If you know what you are doing, you can get great photos with an iphone. Telling mom and pop to buy a DSLR just to take photos of fast moving kids is not going to improve mom and pops photography skills.

VisualFX's gear list:VisualFX's gear list
Samsung NX1 Samsung NX500 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow