Impeccable Optics, Exceptional Performance: Tamron SP 45mm f/1.8

Started May 29, 2017 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jameszhan
jameszhan Contributing Member • Posts: 597
Impeccable Optics, Exceptional Performance: Tamron SP 45mm f/1.8

I was wary about third party lenses, but this lens wowed me with its incredible optics and overall performance in real world shooting.

The build quality is excellent. It feels extremely solid without being way too heavy and it certainly feel like a pro-grade lens.

The AF is not as fast as Canon lenses, and right out of the box it did suffer a bit of back focusing (this is a heavily body-dependent). But after sending it to Tamron for adjustment and calibration, the lens now focuses accurately without any issue. Out of the 600 shots from my last portrait/fashion photoshoot, the lens did not miss focus even once.

What impresses me the most is the color rending and the contrast of this lens. It's purely magic. The superior color and contrast are especially pronounced after post. I did not see a huge different in the RAW files, but as I made adjustments in LR and Photoshop, everything just came to life. With similar process, the ones I took with this Tamron lens just simply looks way better than the ones I took with the Canon 50mm f/1.2L and (of course) the non-L Canon lenses.

This lens adds more excitement to my photoshoots now because I know I'm going to get exceptionally images from it.

Here are some of the shot I took with the Tamron SP 45mm f/1.8:

-- hide signature --

-_- is the face I make when people assume I'm a newbie because I have an APS-C camera.
Photography is my art, my craft. View my works in my gallery!

jameszhan's gear list:jameszhan's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 28mm F2 Tamron 17-28mm F2.8 Di III RXD
Tamron SP 45mm F1.8 Di VC USD
Prime lens • Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Sony/Minolta Alpha
Announced: Sep 2, 2015
jameszhan's score
Average community score
Tamron SP 45mm F1.8 Di VC USD
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow