Finally got the 85mm. Holy. Cow.

Started May 26, 2017 | Discussions thread
markyboy81 Senior Member • Posts: 1,444
Re: Finally got the 85mm. Holy. Cow.

VisualFX wrote:

herc182 wrote:

tecnoworld wrote:

I wanted to say that even if 50-150 is a sports lens, it can also be used as a portrait lens with incredible results.

owned both and agree that 85mm and 50-150mm are excellent portrait lenses. I appreciated the latter more because of its faster AF for a fast moving kid where expressions change often (as well as head position!).

Hahaha. Here we go with someone with a "fast moving kid" again. Why on earth would you spend that much money on camera and glass to just take photos of kids? Especially when a point and shoot with a fixed lens, or a "big zoom" ILC camera would be the better choice. I just don't understand some mom and pops buying these pro-level cameras for just kid photos. I guess if you have the money, sure go ahead. But not exactly the best choice IMO.

Because the resulting images from a larger sensor camera like the nx1 far outshine anything I've taken (or seen) on a point and shoot camera.

And because we want to capture memories of our children and value the quality of a better camera.

markyboy81's gear list:markyboy81's gear list
Samsung NX1000 Samsung NX3000 Samsung NX1 Samsung NX500 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow