Finally got the 85mm. Holy. Cow.

Started May 26, 2017 | Discussions thread
wpstl Senior Member • Posts: 1,100
Re: Finally got the 85mm. Holy. Cow.

VisualFX wrote:

herc182 wrote:

tecnoworld wrote:

I wanted to say that even if 50-150 is a sports lens, it can also be used as a portrait lens with incredible results.

owned both and agree that 85mm and 50-150mm are excellent portrait lenses. I appreciated the latter more because of its faster AF for a fast moving kid where expressions change often (as well as head position!).

Hahaha. Here we go with someone with a "fast moving kid" again. Why on earth would you spend that much money on camera and glass to just take photos of kids? Especially when a point and shoot with a fixed lens, or a "big zoom" ILC camera would be the better choice. I just don't understand some mom and pops buying these pro-level cameras for just kid photos. I guess if you have the money, sure go ahead. But not exactly the best choice IMO.

You are assuming people who photograph kids only photograph kids. Stupid. People with children can also enjoy landscape, sports, etc. Quit being an contrarian for no reason other than to create arguments.

-- hide signature --

"Sometimes I like to throw a grenade and run away."

wpstl's gear list:wpstl's gear list
Samsung NX1 Sony a7R II Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA Samsung NX 12-24mm F4-5.6 ED +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow