Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Brev00
Brev00 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,750
Re: Flickr - New Ownership

J A C S wrote:

Krav Maga wrote:

J A C S wrote:

Krav Maga wrote:

It's all in the details; something you apparently don't have the ability to grasp.

Stop patronizing me.

"You agree to indemnify and hold Yahoo and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit, modify or otherwise make available through the Yahoo Services, your use of the Yahoo Services, your connection to the Yahoo Services, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another."

You're basically saying that the TOS says that you're responsible for any legal expenses they may incur regardless of why they incur them. That is just stupid.

It would be if I said that but I did not. The reason might be my actions. But I agree to compensate them, not the third party. Can you understand the difference?

I wonder if perhaps you need to have a picture drawn? Simply stated, they are saying they won't be legally responsible--including for legal fees--that comes about as a result of something that YOU uploaded.

Wrong. They say that they will spend the money and send you the bill. And you have signed a blank check regardless of what bill you get as long as it is "reasonable" (in corporate terms).

Again, read the bolded text slowly. Pull out a dictionary if you have to. Read it again.

You try that first and report back. Also, you may decide to actually learn something from the links I posted.

Here is the most common meaning of indemnify: compensate (someone) for harm or loss. You are agreeing to compensate Yahoo, including their legal fees. You have to be illiterate not to grasp this.

Dude, that is the correct meaning of indemnify, but, again, you're leaving out the details, that being due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit, modify or otherwise make available through the Yahoo Services, your use of the Yahoo Services, your connection to the Yahoo Services, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another. Dear god, how have you been able to function in life if you are unable/unwilling to grasp such a simple concept?

Pretty well, I make living out of grasping quite complicating concepts.

This will be my last response to you regarding this because you're simply intellectually incapable of simple concepts. Have a happy life.

LOL! That is a good way to pretend that you won.

Won what?  Life is too short to worry so much.  A little Chianti, some Paganini and all is right with the world.

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow