Poor results with Nikon 28/2.8 AIs!

Started May 17, 2017 | Discussions thread
generikku Contributing Member • Posts: 672
Re: Poor results with Nikon 28/2.8 AIs!

Belgarchi wrote:

I bought a top condition Nikon 28/2.8 AIs lens.

I tested it on a Sony a6000, and the results are so-so in the corners, going from bad to okay from 2.8 to 5.6.

As this lens has a floating elements formula, I suspect it is due to my K&F Concepts adapter, infinite being on '3 meters'!

Would you know of an adapter Nikon Ai - Sony E (and I need also Nikon AI - M43) that is accurate in terms of focusing distance?

Thanks.

I use a Fotga adapter on an A7 and it seems like the distance markings are close enough to be accurate. But then again, I use an old 2.8/24mm Nikkor Ai lens with that, so plenty of DOF. I also have a K&F concept adapter for an M Mount lens and those markings are clearly off, so I don't use that anymore - got a generic close focus adapter instead and that is more accurate and I can use HFD. I got a Beschoi adapter for a Minolta lens and that those markings aren't actuate either, so I ordered another Fotga to try. Anyways, from what I gather, machine tolerances aren't of the highest standard on these cheap adapters and it's a crapshoot at times with combinations. For example, if you get another K&F adapter, it might actually be more accurate I guess we get what we pay for...

generikku's gear list:generikku's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Sony Alpha a7 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow