A couple fog shots at Golden Gate Bridge

Started May 23, 2017 | Discussions thread
Slick Fork Contributing Member • Posts: 538
Re: SF Fog

Brian D3300 wrote:

Slick Fork wrote:

Brian D3300 wrote:

For Reference this is pretty much same shot but at 50mm instead of much close zoom:

I Really like this one!

Between the colour in the cloud and the sun on the ridge... excellent capture! The only unfortunate bit is that the line flowing from the bridge and cloud pretty much takes your eye directly to that tower in the background, but there's no real avoiding that unless you clone it out but I dunno - conceptually i have no problem cloning out a road sign or other small distractinb object... but a whole tower is kind of a big departure from the reality of the skyline...

Yeah, I don't mind little things but I think taking out the big tower which is a landmark would really only work if I had a different crop to just keep it out. I am surprised people like this one as much.

I was hoping more wrapping fog at this time of the day.

I think between this one and #2 in your first post you have a great set.  Maybe another day will get you the right combination of fog and light in one shot but these could be hung beside each other as complementry shots and are nice captures in and of themselves.

Slick Fork's gear list:Slick Fork's gear list
Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD Sigma 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow