A couple fog shots at Golden Gate Bridge

Started May 23, 2017 | Discussions thread
Neuropsychology
Neuropsychology Regular Member • Posts: 161
Re: SF Fog

Brian D3300 wrote:

Neuropsychology wrote:

Nice shots! Did you take these 1 day ago? I thought it was a little early for fog. I live closeby I have to get up to slacker hill soon.

Edit: What is the exif data? Curious what lens and length you used

Thank you. These were Sunday morning. Saturday would probably have been better as the fog started well before sunrise, Sunday it kicked in later.

I will have to check on the originals. Something in my workflow knocks out the exif data. I never lost it with LR but I must have a setting off in PS that retains it.

I was using a D600 and pretty much all of my lenses (85 1.8g, 50 1.8g, 70-300mm 24-85 and Tokina 16-28) but I didn't post any with the Tokina for sure. I will look tonight to see what these files are. I can post some at 16mm with the Tokina that I did from the top of Hawk Hill as well to get a general idea of where the fog was covering.

I come from Palo Alto, so I woke up around 3:30pm and was on the hill just before 5am. Unfortunately no fog (well a little over the city but that is is), the moon was out though which was kind of cool.

Thanks!  I actually almost went on Sunday too.  I wonder if there's a site to track the fog over the bridge?

Neuropsychology's gear list:Neuropsychology's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a6300 Sony a7R III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow