A couple fog shots at Golden Gate Bridge

Started May 23, 2017 | Discussions thread
OP Brian D3300 Senior Member • Posts: 1,567
Re: A couple fog shots at Golden Gate Bridge

Fishchris wrote:

Brian D3300 wrote:

I woke up around 3:30am to head out. Unfortunately the fog didn't roll into until after sunrise but it still came fairly early. Fortunately he fog did come though as I have been trying to make it out with good fog for a while. Here are a couple of my favorites.

Nice I like in the first shot, how their is still so much light coming underneath the fog because of the low light angle Light is everything, right ?

Yeah, I arrived around 4:30am.   The fog was late and didn't show until after sunrise.  One day I hope to get there with fog already there. I was still happy to get some fog.

That picture the fog was only creeping up on the south tower but the light was not nearly as good later when it was consuming the entire bridge.

When I arrive the moon was out and the light was awesome but only some light fog over the city.  I have pictures from that early as well.

Brian D3300's gear list:Brian D3300's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon 85mm F1.8G +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow