Mirrorless F mount - proof of concept

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
mais51
mais51 Senior Member • Posts: 1,903
Re: Digital FE - Panda edition, the rear end.

OlyPent wrote:

Matsu wrote:

I did a quick mock up of the rear using a set of controls from existing cameras. A9 sub controls because they're small, and D810/D500 AE/AF-L, rear command dial, and left side menu buttons, plus A9 - AF joystick, just 'cause it was easy to layer it into the spot where I think it should go.

I think it makes for a compact camera, relatively uncrowded, with full controls.

With some more careful planning I believe the control layout could be simplified, but I just wanted to prove that real controls could be fit without shrinking them. I made the flip screen extra large, and kept a very large viewfinder.

Here it is next to an A9 and a D5600 for scale. Again, pretty small, and using an F mount.

It looks good, but how will you communicate this to Nikon, being as they are stuck back in the 20th century?

They read DPREVIEW don't they !

mais51's gear list:mais51's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Nikon D300S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow