Sekonic Speedmaster L-858D - HSS Capable Light Meter

Started Sep 21, 2016 | Discussions thread
Michael Gebauer Regular Member • Posts: 445
Re: Sekonic Speedmaster L-858D - HSS Capable Light Meter

I think that this is not an issue Sekonic can solve. If you think through, you will come to the same conclusion as I did when testing it: the flash simply doesn't know to use HSS, if the camera doesn't transmit the shutter speed to the flash.

Kind regards
Michael

Alfonso Bresciani wrote:

I was just told by Sekonic to do that as well, today. So If i shoot and fire the strobe with the camera ( Canon 5DIII) Profoto B1 in HSS, the meters work. It's a pain in the butt to fire a shot every time though, imagine you have the camera on a tripod you need an assistant to hold the meter and fire the strobe with the camera. Of course when not in HSS I can just use the test button on the Profoto Air Remote.

I use the new Sekonic with a Godox AD600B controlled by a X1N. The HSS feature works well. Tested it with my Nikon D800 up to 1/8000 sec.

For a proper measuring I just had to initiate the flash through the camera itself. The HSS measuring didn't work when I initiated the flash with the test button on the X1N.

Test with Nikon D800 1/6500s after having received the Sekonic. Just ddialed in the measurement of the Sekonic to check, whether it works.

Kind regards

Michael

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow