Camera performance is all about lens........Fuji vs Nikon.

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Mark Scott Abeln
Mark Scott Abeln Forum Pro • Posts: 10,000
Re: 58/1.4G

madhav56 wrote:

Nice to know you liked it Mark.

Reason I shared this one was, because it made me realise that the qualitative aspect of a photograph ( that which appeals & gives pleasure to the viewer) may not have as much to do with the equipment being used, as is made out to be !

I remember coming to that conclusion after I took a photograph of some tree trunks near sunset, where the warm light and long shadows made a charming and striking image. I was surprised because I thought that the camera was poor quality.

Unfortunately, in Western culture especially, people are trained to see systems and technology as the causes for quality, and that consequently, good results are obtained automatically if the gear is good enough. This of course is false, and frequently leads to disappointment.

Yet of-course there is a desire of some way to be able to predict the outcome of using a certain gear, using the specs available in public domain....................

Every photograph has various levels of meaning and detail, and they all ideally work together. Bokeh is an artistically useful factor and it certainly is worthwhile knowing how it may effect particular images.

Mark Scott Abeln's gear list:Mark Scott Abeln's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7000 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow