First Effort, Olympus OM-D E-M10 II, w/14-42mm kit lens

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
sbrasure Regular Member • Posts: 104
Re: Why I'm an Olympus fanboy, is here above shown!

IMHO, the OM 10 camera bodies (I & II) offer a lot of bang for the buck.  After owning a PL-2 and PL-5, I found the OM 10 to be so much better.  I think the OP is right to spend some time learning to use the camera with the kit lens as it will take some nice photos.

I would also suggest thinking about getting the Olympus 40-150 mm lens.  It's cheap, but really takes some nice shots and compliments the 14-40 kit lens.  And there are some inexpensive prime lenses that can surpass the optics of the 14-40 and are better in low light.

Not long ago, I purchased the Olympus 12-40 Pro lens and absolutely love what that lens can do.  Most of the time, the 12-40 Pro or Oly 75-300 lenses are what I use.  Aside from family photos, my main interest is nature/travel photography along with close-up/macro photography.

To the OP....enjoy and take time to learn how to use the OM 10 ii....you'll have lots of fun!

sbrasure's gear list:sbrasure's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow