Wireless Remote for OMD EM1-II

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
joeletx Senior Member • Posts: 2,051
Re: Wireless Remote for OMD EM1-II

Henry Stamm wrote:

joeletx wrote:

- You can pinpoint focus just by tapping at an object or person you want to focus on the phone.

- You can adjust for exposure, s.s. and ISO right on your phone.

- With the E-M1 II you can record video by tapping on the phone.

- You can geo tag the shots and can correlate locations of the shot years later when your memory is fading.

- You can preview the shots you had just shot right there on your phone. With the remote trigger you use, you have to run back to your camera to view the shots.

- You just have to make sure that your phone and camera are fully charged or no less than 1/3 power. Your problems with drop connection might be related to low power.

"OLYMPUS Image Share allows you to see the camera's Live View on your smartphone screen. It also lets you operate the camera from your smartphone -- touch your smartphone screen to specify the AF point or release the shutter.
You can also adjust camera settings such as shooting mode (iAUTO, P, A, S, M or ART) and drive mode (Single, Burst and Self timer), as well as control the zoom for electronic zoom lenses."

"Remote Shutter Mode - In addition, you can choose to control camera settings directly on the camera, and use the smartphone just for releasing the shutter, as if using remote cables. You can "half-press" on your smartphone screen to only focus, and "full-press" to release the shutter."

I re-tried the phone & OIS. I couldn't find the zoom function, but as you note, the other functions outlined above worked very well. That said, despite having completely full batteries and operating within 5 feet of each other, the wireless connection still dropped twice in a 20-minute period. However, this may be simply a problem with my phone and not with the app and others may not experience this issue.

On Android phones, turning off "smart network switch" might do the fix on most case. iPhone might have the similar function.

I have been using the geotag function with OI.Share on Galaxy S5 connected ton my E-M1 for two and a half hour wildlife shooting at Galveston Island. The signal remains connected and never been dropped even once.

joeletx's gear list:joeletx's gear list
Olympus E-500 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 18-180mm 1:3.5-6.3 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow