D750 Shutter Issue - Reproducing it Consistently

Started May 20, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
six34sigma
six34sigma Senior Member • Posts: 2,216
D750 Shutter Issue - Reproducing it Consistently

My camera is in for repair and this post is to perhaps help others that may experience intermittent Err issues with the D750.

Background

Had the intermittent Err issue come up on my D750. The camera would fire but the shutter would stick, the viewfinder was black and the picture recorded was black. Next shutter press would clear the issue. Had this happen 3 times out of 1000 actuations, small probability.

Needed to get it to repeat consistently so I could send the camera in and get it repaired. Nikon may have taken it anyway and done the right things to fix the problem but I needed to be sure.

Process

1. Let the camera idle for an hour. On or Off don't seem to make a difference. Your time may vary.
  2. Change the ISO or Aperture to ensure shutter speed of 1/2000" - 1/4000". The lens does not seem to matter. It has happened with a 14-24, 24-120 f/4, 80-200 f/2.8 all Nikons.
  3. Take the shot. The mechanism locks with the viewfinder blacked out.
  4. Next shot clears the shutter and the camera operates normally from there.

Hits the issue every time with my camera. If you are experiencing an intermittent Err issue, this should help get a definitive answer. A glitch that is cleared or something that needs attention.

Hope this helps you. To be clear I love my D750, nothing has changed except hope to get my camera back so it operates without the Err issue.

Have a good day.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Sanjay

six34sigma's gear list:six34sigma's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon D90 +9 more
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
dwf
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow