Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
snappyden OP Senior Member • Posts: 1,495
Re: 2 panoramas of rapeseed fields, Cotswolds, England

Slick Fork wrote:

snappyden wrote:

Comments?

Den

I'm a little hesitant looking at the exchange between yourself and Just Tim... I think you might be looking for praise not constructive comments but here's my two cents regardless...

I like the idea, I think though that you chose the wrong day or time. The Canola/Rape (do you guys really call it Rapeseed??) is dull compared to the other photo you've put up. To REALLY pull these off you need the canola to be as bright in these photos as they are in the other. Your execution is technically fine, you just didn't get the light you needed on these. If you got the Canola lit up like you did in the other photo Just Tim referenced these would be spectacular. Without that dramatic light though they lack anything cohesive to really pull them together, the canola isn't interesting enough on its own and there's not much on the horizon to pull the shot in.

Thanks for viewing and your comments.  I understand that they are not as bright as others I shot and posted, but I didn't take many panoramas and the light must not have been as flattering when I shot them.  I find them enjoyable to view though.

Regards,

Den

snappyden's gear list:snappyden's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Sony RX100
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow