Help! New A6500: "The lens is not attached correctly or is not supported"

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Say Cheese Contributing Member • Posts: 768
Help! New A6500: "The lens is not attached correctly or is not supported"

I got my new A6500 and wanted to give it a test run. I had mounted a Sigma 19 and was fiddling in the Menu. Under Focus Mode, it had "Manual Focus" grayed out, and it was the same on AF System. When I clicked on these, the message on the screen was: "The lens is not attached correctly or is not supported."

I dismounted and remounted the lens. Same result. Then I put on the kit lens, and got the same result. Huh?

I've actually changed almost none of the settings from the factory. I tried these processes with the camera in M, in A, and even in Auto.

On the LCD, clicking on the Fn menu shows the Focus Mode unavailable as well, and clicking on it produces the same message: "The lens is not attached correctly or is not supported."

Am I doing something wrong? This absolutely befuddles me!

-- hide signature --
 Say Cheese's gear list:Say Cheese's gear list
Sony a6500 Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +2 more
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow