Thinking about returning my A7RII

Started May 18, 2017 | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
zackiedawg Forum Pro • Posts: 30,322
Re: Thinking about returning my A7RII

loseseeker wrote:

Hi Op, would you kindly elaborate what are there n 70-300 that you cant find in 70-200 (other than the reach)? Thanks in advance.

Not the OP of that comment, but for what it's worth having shot both lenses extensively on the A6300...

Both are lovely lenses - I found both to be admirably sharp and usable throughout the range.  For me the main reason to sell my FE70-200mm F4 and keep the FE70-300mm F4.5-5.6 (after having both for a few weeks while testing) was the extra reach of course - the fact that I didn't perceive any IQ penalty from 70mm to 200mm, plus gained another 100mm...also the fact that for storage/transport and in bags the 70-300mm lens compacted is a tad fatter but notably shorter, so it's actually an easier lens to keep in a small bag when traveling or shooting with multiple lenses.  And then there's the minimum focus distance - which when combined with the 300mm, really makes it close in feel and performance to a macro lens.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton +22 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow