iOS 10.3 is a massive update.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
bigley Ling Veteran Member • Posts: 3,448
Re: iOS 10.3.2 - iCloud lock out

wklee wrote:

bigley Ling wrote:

wklee wrote:

I meant to reply to my OP but ended up replying to the wrong post somehow...

I downloaded iOS 10.3.2 and then restored back using iTunes. There is a new iCloud ToC to accept and after sign in and accepting, my iPhone won't go forward from there (locked to the screen) without going through iTunes first.

It looks OK now but took 6 hours, with breaks, including a call to Apple Support. Apple said it is a common issue.

-- hide signature --

Never buy version 1.0 of anything.
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
Joni Mitchell's Big Yellow Taxi

grr. 6 hours is an aweful long time for an update!! Do you not have itunes installed?

The update (160MB) through iTunes on a Mac over 1 hour. The 6 hours was for the fact that I could not, for some unexplained reason accept the new iCloud Terms and Condition. I would click on the setting and then there was some spinning. The spinning stopped and the phone was locked to that particular screen.

Neither rebooting the phone or force quitting the apps helped. Eventually, I got past it by plugging the iPhone in to iTunes and that worked, oddly enough.

-- hide signature --

Never buy version 1.0 of anything.
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
Joni Mitchell's Big Yellow Taxi

Strange, it working after plugging into iTunes may have been coincidental. Suspect Apple may have had issues with their icloud.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow