Will Nikon or Canon offer full frame mirrorless cameras soon?

Started Aug 5, 2016 | Discussions thread
myfujilife Senior Member • Posts: 2,237
Re: Will Nikon or Canon offer full frame mirrorless cameras soon?

dgumshu wrote:

Shockwave wrote:

Dennis wrote:

Shockwave wrote:

They have a 24-70 pro equivalent (18-55) - That's fine

Even that lens is dated, lacks IS and doesn't go to 16mm, like some competing options (Fuji & m43 alternatives ... Sony has a 16-50/2.8 for A mount, too). I don't know whether this is holding the D500 back or not - Sigma has a stabilized alternative and I suspect a lot of buyers would be fine with the new 16-80/2.8-4.

The D500 is the only pro grade APSC body that Nikon provides. With this in mind, if you were a pro shooter looking to use APSC, the lens trifecta is an issue. Essentially you are forced by Nikon to adopt full frame to achieve the trifecta with decent quality glass.

I've seen a number of wedding shooters shift to Fuji because they can still get the trifecta, they have lighter lenses and bodies to carry around for a day, and any loss of IQ is acceptable because it's essentially 1 stop of light (which you can often work around) and minimal loss of IQ unless you pixel peep or print very large.

A pro shooter wouldn't be using an APS-C with those expectations. He/She would likely be using a full frame and lens combo

Ah, the good old "all pro shooters use full frame" argument that keeps coming up. It's was a legitimate argument...back in 2005...

-- hide signature --

https://www.instagram.com/theoverratedphotographer/
Fuji XT-2, Fuji X-E2, XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR, XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR, XF23mmF2 R WR, XF35mmF2 R WR, XF90mmF2 R LM WR, XF60mm F2.4

myfujilife's gear list:myfujilife's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sigma 135mm F1.8 Art Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow