Contemplating D7200 or D7500

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GROBERTS3 Regular Member • Posts: 166
Contemplating D7200 or D7500

My wife has taken quite a liking to photography and has a great eye for composing a nice shot. We currently own a D5500 that has been wonderful. She has grown to love photography as much as I do. So we want to add another camera body in order enjoy photography together as we learn more. We have a few lenses that can keep us both shooting for now:  Nikon18-140 VR, Nikon 35mm/f1.8 Prime and I just got the 70-300 AF-P VR lens (awesome lens!)

We shoot a ton of pictures of our dogs but we are both fascinated by photographing birds, hummingbirds  We enjoy shooing  local bands in clubs as well (in addition to a myriad of anything else that is interesting.)

I want to justify a D500 body for its incredible auto focus and high speed capabilities but I don't think I can make peace with the financial outlay.

I am considering a D7200 and found a great price for a refurb $759). Seems too good to pass up. But the D7500 has some really enticing features (with the expense of losing a few that are nice, but perhaps not essential for my beginner/amateur needs)

So ..Do I wait another 6-8 weeks for the D7500 or pull the trigger on the D7200?

(It occurs to me I could get the D7200 now and for the price I pay, I could always sell it and get a D7500 later if it proves to perform and offer benefits I might enjoy more?)

All thoughts are welcome.

Nikon D500 Nikon D5500 Nikon D7200 Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow