Can MFT truly replace Canon for sports?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DustyBin Regular Member • Posts: 142
Can MFT truly replace Canon for sports?

I am a 'lifelong' Canin fanboy and currently own 7Dii and 80D with Sigma 150-600 C and Canon 70-200 F4 IS.... plus a few other Canon lenses. I use these mainly for soccer and rugby played by my teenage boys.  Generally, I'm happy... particularly with the 7Dii, which is truly amazing in terms of focusing when it comes to fast-paced action.

I've toyed with Sony APS-C in the past, but it just didn't compare with the Canons when it came to keepers.

Recently, I've dipped into MFT. Have tried GX80(85) and GX8... good for most things, but not comparable for sports. Now I have a G80(85) and am mightily impressed. Haven't had a chance to try with sports yet... and I only have a 14-140ii.

I haven't touched the 80D for some time, particularly for reportage/event photography, which is my other hobby.

So, the big question is whether I can replace the Canon set up with....

GH5 or MD-1ii and

Panny 100-400 and 35-100 2.8

If you have any experience/examples with either of these bodies with sports, please do share.

Thanks!

DustyBin's gear list:DustyBin's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS M10 Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS M5 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +10 more
Canon EOS 80D Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yxa
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow