A walk around Wilmington, NC

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Charles Pike
Charles Pike Senior Member • Posts: 1,512
A walk around Wilmington, NC

There are a few stores along the street that used to be retail outlets that are now being used for coffee shops. I liked the possible image and the man has just spotted my taking the photo.

I continued shooting, and when I was done, I walked over to the window and showed them what I had just taken.  They were good sports about it.

She just spotted my taking their photo.  So, I walked over and asked if she knew what street photography was and she said that she did.  She then explained it to her partner.

Once you break the ice, keep right on shooting.  Having the camera set to M and using peaking, you no longer have to keep focusing.  You know what distance from the camera you have in focus.  Works very well, you just have to remember that you are shooting with the M setting and not the S setting.

I have taken several photos of the building but I really want people in my photo.

Many of the shops along the street are either bars or coffee shops.  Again, I am not refocusing every shot, but having only focused once, I am free to walk along and take a photo knowing that my focus is locked.

I have shot with lots of different cameras over the years.  More Nikon equipment than I care to talk about.  Then m 4/3 for the size and weight and now the Fujifilm Pro 2.  The Nikons were tools that I used to shoot weddings and stock with.  The m 4/3 was used when I had been looking for something smaller than my Nikon equipment.  The Fujifilm is just fun to use, and the quality of the output is outstanding.  It isn't just good enough, it is truly great.

www.photosbypike.com

Charles Pike's gear list:Charles Pike's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow