The secret Samyang doesn't want you to know - lens modding

Started May 17, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dr hagiu New Member • Posts: 13
The secret Samyang doesn't want you to know - lens modding

So i was wondering if I have a multiple camera system colection, do I need to have the same lens twice if I want to use it on both systems?

And having different Samyang lenses for Samsung NX and m4/3 but as well Sony E I figured that they can easily be swapped with just unscrewing 3 ( samsung NX and m4/3) to 6 ( sony E) screws.

Observation - All the m4/3 lenses have a big metal mount with an extension - examples from photozine:

They all have that thick metal mount.
It's only logic that it is simple to swap the mounts because it's the most efficient way as a production plan.

Here are the mounts - upper samsung nx - lower m4/3 - the thick metal ring.

the back of the lense with the mount ring removed, you can observe the screw holes

Perfect fit. Remember the picture on the right.

So above you can see the lenses with their mounts removed. Sony E mount Samyang lenses have a little plastic extender and afterwards they have their metal mount. I hypothesize that is the same with fuji X and EOS M as their flange distance is smaller that Samsung NX and they have the plastic extension.  Samsung NX doesn't need an extender as their flange distance is among the biggest between mirrorless. M4/3 have their big thick ring that accomodates the distance.

Also wonder why they don't sell the 8mm fisheye f/2.8 to mft  - I guess because it's about 150 degrees wide not 180. But f/2.8!

I shall soon upload the picture with Sony E, i can't seem to find it now and I have to go to work. 
Best regards!

dr hagiu's gear list:dr hagiu's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow