Do you still use 18-55 kit lens after you "graduate" from it?

Started May 16, 2017 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gilbert D Regular Member • Posts: 130
Do you still use 18-55 kit lens after you "graduate" from it?

Hi,

I am using Nikon D90 with 35mm DX prime and 18-200mm lenses, mainly shooting my toddlers with the prime lens these days. Once a while I would pull out the superzoom, but I usually prefer the photo I got with the prime. I have been thinking about upgrading for a while now. The 35mm is just not wide enough for a lot of situations. The X-T20 with Fuji prime lenses are very tempting,  but not sure if getting the 18-55 with it is the right approach in the long run or not. The 18-55 surely is a pretty good lens based on several reviews and threads here. And it is also a cheaper approach, at least at the beginning. So I am curious about if that good kit lens is still in your bag, and your suggestion.

Thank you.

Gilbert D's gear list:Gilbert D's gear list
Nikon D90 Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon AF-P 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G VR Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow