XT-2 Focus Issue

Started May 15, 2017 | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
efaust70 New Member • Posts: 10
XT-2 Focus Issue

Hi all,

I've recently replaced my Xt-1 with the XT-2. I'm loving all of the improvements over the previous body except I'm having an issue with focusing. This occurs randomly, as far as I can tell, when I'm shooting with either my 18-135 or my 35 f2.

What will happen is that I will press halfway on the shutter release and get focus confirmation (green focus point box and green dot in lower left corner of the viewfinder). However, the image that I see in the viewfinder is clearly not in focus. Further, it's not just the point of focus that's off, but the entire view, almost as if the camera were focusing and then stopped just before achieving it.

This occurs when shooting in AF-S. I can't tell if it's occurring in AF-C as things are happening too fast for me to see if the achieved focus is off.

Any thoughts? I assumed, at first, it was my 18-135 as I shoot with that the most, but the same thing happened when shooting with my 35 the other day. As far as settings go, I have tried with Pre-AF on and off, with IS in shooting and continuous mode.

thanks,

Erik

efaust70's gear list:efaust70's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR
Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow